Buka Puasa Event hosted by McDonald’s® Malaysia and Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC)® Malaysia
More than 500 children from 12 orphanages and children’s homes across Selangor were invited to a buka puasa treat from McDonald’s® Malaysia and Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) in collaboration with Majlis Agama Islam Selangor (MAIS), Lembaga Zakat Selangor (LZS) and Yayasan Islam Darul Ehsan (YIDE) at Masjid Kampung Raja Uda, Persiaran Raja Muda Musa in Klang, Selangor.
The initiative was part of McDonald’s® annual buka puasa event with orphans and underprivileged children, and this year MAIS, Lembaga Zakat Selangor and YIDE were invited to collaborate — making this one of McDonald’s® biggest buka puasa events in recent years. Each orphanage and children’s home received RM10,000, while every child received RM20, making a total of almost RM130,000 donated by RMHC and presented at the event.
The following are the list of orphanages that participated:
- Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ehsan Ash-Shakun (PEKEAS) in Rawang, Selangor
- Badan Kebajikan Siti Khadijah Anak Yatim Selangor in Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Rumah Kebajikan Anak Yatim Al-Munirah in Klang, Selangor
- Rumah Amal Baitul Kasih/Baitul Fitrah in Rawang, Selangor
- Rumah Kebajikan Anak Yatim Al-Khairiyah in Klang, Selangor
- Persatian Kebajikan Anak Yatim Damai Kuang in Kuang, Selangor
- Rumah Amal Raudhatul Jannah in Banting, Selangor
- Rahoma Darul Fakir in Subang, Selangor
- Rumah Kasih Harmoni in Sungai Buloh, Selangor
- Rumah Anak-anak Yatim An-Nasuha in Batu Caves, Selangor
- Rumah Anak Yatim dan Hidayah Al-Hijrah in Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Pusat Jagaan Siraman Kasih in Rawang, Selangor